1. General provisions
- These Terms and Conditions define the rules and conditions of using the website www.idea3w.org. These Terms and Conditions constitute the terms and conditions referred to in Art. 8 of the Act on Provision of Electronic Services of 18 July 2002.
- The Website is owned by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego with its registered office at Al. Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warsaw.
- The purpose of the Website is to create a global platform for the integration and support of Polish entrepreneurs, researchers and representatives of public administration units in the synergistic utilisation of water, hydrogen and carbon technologies. It is also intended to accelerate the pace of exchange of technologies, building partnerships and identification of valuable projects by enhancing the scale and strength of interactions among members of the 3W community.
Capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given below, unless a different meaning clearly follows from the context of these Terms and Conditions:
1) BGK – Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego;
2) Account – a User’s profile on the Website, identified by an e-mail address, enabling the User to perform certain actions on the Website;
3) Website – the Internet service operated by BGK, available at Internet website www.idea3w.org;
4) Terms and Conditions – the terms and conditions of the 3W community platform;
5) Service or Services – the collective name for the services available on the Website, provided electronically by the BGK;
6) User – a natural person, a legal person or an organisational unit with no legal personality, which entered into an agreement on the provision of electronic services through the Website by BGK.
3. Services available on the Website
- The following Services are available on the Website:
1) display of informational and educational content of the Website,
2) setting up and maintaining an Account,
4) providing a contact database to facilitate building relationships between partners active in the field of water, hydrogen and carbon technology development,
5) maintaining a calendar of industry events.
- The Services provided on the Website are free of charge.
- The agreement on the provision of electronic services is concluded at the moment the User starts using the Website (upon entering the website www.idea3w.org) and the individual Services.
- The agreement on the provision of electronic services is terminated, depending on the Service type, when:
1) the User leaves the Website,
2) the User resigns from a given Service,
3) BGK deactivates a given Service.
- The duration of services provided electronically by the BGK on the Website is indefinite. The User may terminate the agreement on the provision of services through the Website concluded with BGK at any time by submitting a termination notice.
- A User that wishes to terminate the agreement on the provision of electronic services through the Website should send an e-mail to that effect to .... BGK may verify the authenticity of the declaration by sending a confirmation request to the e-mail address assigned to the User. In such a case, the agreement on the provision of services through the Website will be terminated within 14 days after the date of the termination notice.
- The Website, together with the Services provided electronically through the Website, are available on a 24/7 basis. The Website requires regular technical monitoring and updates, which may cause temporary interruptions in its operation.
- Proper use of the Website and available Services require the following:
1) access to a computer or a mobile device,
2) an operating system with a market share of more than 5% according to Statcounter,
3) Internet access,
4) a web browser with a market share of more than 5% according to Statcounter,
5) screen resolution with a market share of more than 5% according to Statcounter,
6) enabled essential cookies.
- The use of some of the Services available on the Website does not require the creation of an Account, but some of its functionalities are available only to Account holders.
- Creating an Account is free of charge and voluntary, but it is required for uploading and posting materials and content visible to other Users, saving favourite content and communicating with other Users.
- A User may create an Account after completing the registration form correctly. As part of the registration, the User provides their first name, surname and an e-mail address and enters a password. Providing additional data indicated in the form will make it easier to navigate and use the Website.
- Registration requires reading the Terms and Conditions and indicating on the registration form that the User has read the Terms and Conditions and fully accepts all the provisions.
- The password should include least 10 characters and should consist of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and special characters. The password should be confidential and periodically changed by the User.
- After signing in to the created Account, the User may use all features of the Services available on the Website that are assigned to Account holders.
- The User may delete the Account by sending a relevant request in the manner specified in Section 3.6 of these Terms and Conditions.
- losure of the Account results in removal from the Website of information identifying the User.
- On the Website, the User can subscribe for a newsletter in order to receive to their e-mail address information on the latest achievements of 3W partners and the development of water, hydrogen and carbon technologies.
- Subscribing to the newsletter requires having an active e-mail address and providing it in the subscription form for the newsletter as well as confirming the subscription. Confirming the subscription will result in sending an e-mail to the User to the e-mail address provided by the User with a request for the User to confirm the subscription or delete the e-mail, if the request is sent by error. The e-mail sent to the User will contain an active link, which may be pressed by the User to confirm the subscription. Confirming the subscription will result in adding the User to the newsletter subscriber base.
- The User can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the link provided for this purpose in each message sent as part of the newsletter, which will result in discontinuation of the newsletter service.
6. Intellectual property
- All materials, including graphic elements and the layout of these elements, trademarks and other information, available on the Website are subject to the rights of BGK or Users. The indicated elements may be covered by economic copyrights, industrial property rights, including rights under the registration of trademarks and database rights, and as such enjoy statutory legal protection. Downloading or any usage of the materials available on the Website each time requires the consent of the authorised party and may not infringe on the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and generally applicable laws, and may not breach any rights of BGK or Users. BGK is not responsible for materials posted on the Website by Users.
- The User is the owner of the content, opinions and personal data provided on the Website.
- The User acknowledges that any content, including photos, other materials constituting works or the subject of other exclusive rights of the User, posted by the User, may be used by BGK for the purpose of performing the agreement on the provision of electronic services concluded with BGK for an indefinite period under a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence for the use of such materials by BGK, which will entitle BGK to the following:
1) in respect of trading in the original materials or the copies on which the materials have been recorded – marketing, lending or lease of the original materials or their copies;
2) w zakresie obrotu oryginałem albo egzemplarzami, na których materiały utrwalono – wprowadzanie do obrotu, użyczenie lub najem oryginału albo egzemplarzy;
3) in respect of disseminating the materials in a manner other than as specified in item 2 above − performing in public, exhibiting, displaying, reproducing, broadcasting and re-broadcasting, and making the materials accessible to the public, in such a manner that everyone may have access thereto at place and time individually chosen by them.
7. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- BGK may modify these Terms and Conditions for important reasons such as legal, technological or business changes, and in connection with the launch of a new service provided on the Website.
- Information on changes to these Terms and Conditions will be announced on the Website – in a manner visible to all Users, while registered Users will be informed of the changes by e-mail.
- The User may submit a statement of acceptance or non-acceptance of the new wording of the Terms and Conditions and terminate the agreement in accordance with Sections 3.4 and 3.6 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Agreements concluded before the amendment to these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the Terms and Conditions in the wording in force at the time of concluding the agreement.
8. Complaint procedure
- Complaints regarding the Services provided electronically on the Website, including irregularities or interruptions in the functioning of its technical infrastructure, can be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- The complaint should specify the first name and surname of the User and the type and date of the irregularity.
- BGK undertakes to process the complaint within 14 days from the date of its filing, and if this is not possible – to notify the User within the same time limit of the reasons for the delay and the expected date by which the complaint will be processed. BGK will reply to the complaint in the form in which the User has submitted the complaint, unless the User requests a different form, if available.
- Uhe User is obliged to keep confidential the data available only to other Users of the Website.
- The User may not disseminate any contact details or content published by other Users without their express consent.
10. Personal data
- The Controller of personal data of the User is BGK.
- The Controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who can be contacted on matters related to the processing of personal data, including the exercise of the rights of data subjects, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data are processed in the scope and for the purposes necessary for the operation of the Website, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR) and regulations related to personal data protection applicable in the Republic of Poland.
- he personal data of Users is collected when using the Account and newsletter services
- The basis for the processing of Users’ personal data are:
1) point (b) of Art. 6.1 of the GDPR – performance of the agreement on the provision of electronic services described in the Terms and Conditions;
2) point (c) of Art. 6.1 of the GDPR – fulfilment of legal obligations of BGK as the provider of the Website to Users;
3) point (f) of Art. 6.1 of the GDPR – exercise of the controller’s legitimate interest consisting in establishment and exercise of potential claims related to the use of the Website.
- Provision of data is necessary to use certain functionalities of the Website. Failure to provide data makes it impossible to create an Account and subscribe for the newsletter. Access to informational and educational materials does not require the provision of personal data.
- Personal data will be processed for the duration of the performance of the services described in these Terms and Conditions, and subsequently until any claims related to the use of the Website become time-barred.
- Personal data of User may be made available to entities authorised to process it, pursuant to relevant legislation, to the extent and for the purpose required by these entities and such legislation, including: law enforcement agencies or public administration bodies, as well as entities providing IT services to BGK, in particular related to the operation of the Website. Personal data of registered Users, to the extent specified by them, will be available to other Users.
- Each data subject has the right of access to their data, the right to request its rectification or erasure, the right of data portability or the right of restriction of processing, the right to object, in particular, to processing based on the legitimate interests of the controller, and the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, as well as the right to withdraw, at any time, the consent given to data processing, which will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- The Website uses cookie technology.
11. Final provisions
- Should any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions be or become invalid or unenforceable, it will not influence the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions. The invalid or unenforceable provision will be replaced by a provision that reflects as closely as possible the purposes of the invalid provision and the Terms and Conditions as a whole.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Services referred to herein are governed by the Polish law. Any matters not provided for in these Terms and Conditions are governed by the generally applicable provisions of the Polish law.
- These Terms and Conditions are effective as of 1 November 2023.